Sunday, February 12, 2006

Warming Up

It is just starting to warm up and although it can get pretty cold in March this is usually an indicator here that winter is mostly over. That means that I made it through the holiday season with minimal weight gain. Even better, since I used the trainer during winter it seems that I've actually gained cycling strength over the winter season. This is a big deal for me. I think the big lesson here is clear: keep the calorie intake as low as possible over the winter season (there is a natural growth anyway, but if you can keep some self-control the payoff is tremendous) and exercise as much as possible - and you will go into the warm season way ahead of the game. Now that it is warming up I've noticed from my FitDay logs that I'm having a much easier time keeping under the calorie bar than I was the past few months.

No comments: