Friday, February 10, 2006

huh?

So, TME and I have been on an Asian movie kick for a while. We've watched kung fu movies, samurai movies, and a LOT of anime. Right now we're in the anime mode. We watched the whole series of Trigun (which was excellent, if you're into that sort of thing), Cowboy Bebop (took a while to grow on me, and Faye's outfit annoyed me, but was otherwise pretty interesting), and right now we're watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (kinda funny so far, but I'm hoping it gets better).

But in the midst of watching Captain Tylor, my dear TME decided he wanted to see the whole series of a show he saw once on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. That show was FLCL, pronounced "Furi Kuri" or "Fooly Cooly" depending on how Japanese you are, I guess. Now, you have to understand that pretty much all these shows are based on some kind of futuristic world, lots of robots and amazing weaponry and spaceships and all that. I have no problem with digesting a show that's based on all kinds of unrealistic things. But I have to tell you, I watched four episodes of this show (there are only 6 total!) and I have no idea what in the world is going on. Even TME is confused, and when a dedicated INTP like him can get totally confuzzled by the plot of television show, then there is no hope for us realist ISTJ's to have a clue what is going on. I'm looking forward to seeing the last two episodes only because then I will know for sure if this is just stupid or if there's really supposed to be a point to this show. LOL

P.S. Sweater report: Front and back and both sleeves are done. I want to sew the sleeves on to see if they are the right length before I start the hood.

No comments: