Saturday, January 26, 2008

And you thought I couldn't do it...

Picture me doing the "stir the pot" dance in triumph.....okay, maybe on second thought you shouldn't. :D

Anyway, I finished my book! Aren't you impressed? Darwin on Trial was pretty good, quite scholarly so I kinda had to put on my oh-yeah-I-used-to-go-to-college hat to read it, but I managed. The book was basically a criticism of the logical errors that many Darwinists make--using too broad a definition of the term "evolution," for example, and also not realizing that much of their allegiance to evolution is faith based, just not faith in a Creator. Very good, interesting, helped reinforce what I believed regarding evolution while also serving to clarify some things.

Yeah, so it's not much of a book review. But I did read it, I promise. :) Not sure what I am planning to read next. Justin thinks I should try Confessions by St. Augustine but I'm not sure I'm up for it. In any case, I finished Darwin on Trial early enough in the month that I have a little time to figure out what February's book should be.

1 comment:

Memarie Lane said...

That book sounds really interesting. I studied physical anthropology in college and it was one of my favorite courses, but I always felt like a lot of stuff was being ignored. Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope to see you back!